|Posted on May 3, 2016 at 12:15 AM|
It is comon place that the male penis will curve slightly to the right or left during an erection. Peyronie’s disease however is a condition that results in the penis becoming extensively curved when it’s erect. The condition mainly affects those men over 40, however Peyronie’s disease can occur at any age.
Symptoms of Peyronies disease can include:
* a thickened area or hard lump (plaque) in the shaft of the penis (it's rare to get more than one plaque)
* a curve in the penis when it’s erect (usually it curves upwards)
* pain in the penis, usually during an erection (pain in the non-erect penis is rare)
* the penis looking misshaped, hourglass shape
* loss of girth or length of the penis
Some men with the who have Peyronie's disease can get pain in their penis, while others get none. If you do get pain, it may get better over time. However, in severe cases, the curve in the penis can make having sex difficult, painful or even impossible. Peyronie’s disease may also lead to erectile dysfunction.
As a somatic sexological bodyworker I can support you in non surgical techniques that may support healing and improve your sex life and address erectile dysfunction concerns. If you have any concerns in this area, I invite you to contact me for a confidential consultation.